A tried and true way to cooking them just right!
[Repost from this post: http://brandyat.blogspot.com/2011/04/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs.html#more]
- Place eggs in medium pan, fill with enough cold water to cover by an inch.
- On medium heat, bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Once the water comes to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit 10-12 minutes for hard boiled eggs; 15 mins for very hard boiled; 8-10 mins for soft boiled; 6 mins for soft runny yolks.
- Next, get those eggs into very cold water. I like to rinse them with cold tap, fill the pan back up a few inches and add ice.
- Last, peel and enjoy! Keep them happy in the fridge for a few days.
- Use older eggs! They actually cook better. I like to use the ones that stand on end. See how old your eggs are here: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-test-eggs-for-freshness-how-to-find-out-tips-from-the-kitchn-46368
- Don't overcook! That's how you get that weird green ring on the yolk.